in the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area. And most don’t even involve a golf course!
- Practice chip shots into the Pine Crest Inn fireplace. Ben Crenshaw holds the record—10 for 10!
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Sandhills Horticultural Gardens: 27 acres of patterned English gardens and a native wetland trail. Located on the grounds of Sandhills Community College.
- Bring an empty stomach to The Carolina Hotel’s breakfast buffet (oh, those made-to-order omelets).
- Take a leisurely drive through our horse country. Or attend an equestrian activity—dressage, steeplechase, hunter/jumper show, to name but a few—at Carolina Horse Park in Raeford.
- Strike your best Payne Stewart pose on Pinehurst No. 2’s famed 18th green.
- Shop and eat (but mostly shop) amid the cozy boutiques of downtown Southern Pines.
- Indulge at Pinehurst Resort’s luxurious spa (relax, guys—they offer a “Golfer’s Massage”).
- Enjoy the works of local and national artists at the Broadhurst Gallery in Pinehurst.
- Take a spin through North Carolina’s historic pottery country, where generations of families still practice the craft of their ancestors.
- Grab a rocking chair and watch the evening sun slip behind the pines. You’ll need your rest for tomorrow.
~ courtesy of homeofgolf.com